Last Updated: July 6, 2022
If you are a California resident, please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create an account, fill out a form (e.g., to sign up for a mailing list or download a white paper), submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information about you that we may collect may include your contact information, including your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and country.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from identity verification services, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and mailing list providers.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Develop, provide, maintain, and improve new products and services;
- Debug and repair errors in our Services or new products or services;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Sakuu and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Sakuu, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Sakuu and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Sakuu is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Sakuu by contacting us. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your permission, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.